Cover: “‘Articulated’ coral extremely common in all exposures ofthe hills of Messina” from La Vana Speculazione Disingannata dal Senso: Lettera Risponsiva Circa i Corpi Marini, Che Petrif icati si Trouano in Varij Luoghi Terrestri (1670) by Agostino Scilla.
A special issue on paleontological illustration through the centuries, including an excerpt from Jane P. Davidson’s book, A History of Paleontological Illustration.
In this issue:
· Paleontological Illustration through the Centuries: A Gallery of Images.
· (Not) All about Allosaurus! The Overlooked Theropods of the Morrison Formation
· Cretaceous Fire (A poetic reflection on ancient forest fires in Wyoming’s Lance Formation
· The Cambrian Keeps Getting Weirder and Ancient Spider Tails & Webs: When Eight Legs Just Aren’t Enough — Recent papers in paleontology
· Book reviews: When the Invasion of Land Failed: The Legacy of the Devonian Extinctions and Trilobites of the British Isles.
Scroll down for the full Table of Contents.
Copies of the Winter 2018 issue are only $15 ppd (domestic). See our “Back Issues” page for more info!